What Happens When An Infertile Person Finds Their Voice? They Start Talking!
- The Post In Which Vicky Stops Wittering On(For The Time Being At Least)A little over a year ago I took a big leap of faith; I sold my house, quit my job and moved back to South Wales. It was the most daunting thing I’ve ever done. *Except maybe for that time I decided it was a good idea to perform Gangster’s Paradise to a crowd ofContinue reading “The Post In Which Vicky Stops Wittering On(For The Time Being At Least)”
- The Post In Which Vicky Uses Social Media To Explain Why She No Longer Uses Social MediaIn short, being infertile is really lonely. I’ve mentioned previously how fortunate I am to have such wonderful friends and family who have helped to prop me up over the past few years. But even so, I often feel like I’m on the outside of the world looking in; flicking through the Ikea catalogue, scrollingContinue reading “The Post In Which Vicky Uses Social Media To Explain Why She No Longer Uses Social Media”
- The Post In Which Vicky Gets Carried Away Talking About PeriodsOk, to warn you, I’m pissed off! Yesterday I spent the afternoon writing a sizeable post about reproductive healthcare and sexual education reform. It was empowering, it was about taking back control, it was ……… overshadowed by a conversation I’ve just had with my Dr’s surgery, in which some of that control was snatched backContinue reading “The Post In Which Vicky Gets Carried Away Talking About Periods”
- The Post In Which Vicky Rambles On About Her Own InfertilityOk, this post was much harder to write than I had anticipated. The idea was just to share my experience of infertility but staring at the blank page in front of me had me scratching my head over where to begin. I’ve tried to avoid too much self-indulgence but that’s a little contradictory when yourContinue reading “The Post In Which Vicky Rambles On About Her Own Infertility”
- The Post In Which Vicky Explains Why She’s About To Air Her Dirty Laundry For All To SeeLast year I took a big step back from social media after noticing the negative impact it was having on my mental health. However, today marks the beginning of Infertility Awareness Week, an issue that has shaped much of my adult life so far. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally get talking aboutContinue reading “The Post In Which Vicky Explains Why She’s About To Air Her Dirty Laundry For All To See”